Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Treasure Chest - Part 2



By James Ball

Welcome to part 2 of my Treasure Chest build. In this entry I will briefly go over the Modelling, Rigging and UV Unwrapping stages of the Treasure Chest . . . So here we go!

I went through several attempts to model the treasure chest and finally completed the model of a very simple chest design.




Modelled Treasure Chest

The next part of this task was the Rigging. After about 20 mins of messing around with the handles and models, I got the Rigging to a point that seemed to work fine for the purposes it was made for. This is how I linked them:

-          The Lid is connected to the Circle controller.
-          The circle controller is connected to the rectangle base.
-          The Rectangle Base is connected to the bottom chest






Rigging and Pirate Booty!

Finally we get to the nightmarish curse that is UVW Unwrapping. Woooowh  Yeeeeeh  sorry to anyone who has to make one of these . . . I commend you and your efforts.





UV Unwrapping

Stay tuned for part 3 coming at you tomorrow.

Until next time, as always . . .

This is James Ball Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment