Thursday 2 April 2015

The Treasure Chest - Part 3

By James Ball

Part 3 . . . Part Threeeeeeeeeeeeee . . . It was Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Holy crap at the madness that went into the texturing faze of this Treasure Chest. From textures not applying to the model correctly, to having to redo UV Unwrapping to connection pins in Portable Hard Drives snapping, maaaaan what a wonderful day I had.


Originally I was going to do 5 separate textures for the metal framing for the chest and wooden planks for the chest and also the same thing for the lid. The Pirate Booty (Gold) stayed the same. So for your viewing pleasure . . . GIFs!

 Chest Map
 Lid Map

So after several hours, I got the texture looking to a point where I was happy with it. So I applied it to the model aaaaaand it wasn't working . . . ()ノ彡┻━┻

So then I saw the button that says (Show Shaded Materials In View Port) was turned off aaaaaand then I was happy with the result. (⌐_)

Texturing Done

Stay tuned for part 4 and the final animation coming at you tomorrow.

Until next time, as always . . .

This is James Ball Signing out.




P.S. I literally just got my hard drive handed back to me . . . And it’s working! (ノ◕ヮ◕)*:・゚

No comments:

Post a Comment