Friday 3 April 2015

The Treasure Chest - Part 4 – COMPLETE!




By James Ball

This is it . . . We’ve made it through the home stretch and the Final animation is complete. It took 5 hours to animate and 2 hours and 7 mins to fully render the 20 second long animation . . . Then there was 20+ hours or so to research, design, model, rig, UV Unwrap, texture and all the other crap that went into it before I could even animate the final scene. But it’s done and I couldn’t be happier with it. So here we go with the final entry in this 4 part series.

To start things off, with this animation faze of this assessment, I done a storyboard/plan in my handy dandy notebook to map out what would happen in the 20 seconds of animation on screen. I commend you if you can actually read my chicken scratches called words.



Storyboard/Plan

Next step was to light and animate the scene in a nice enough way for it to all look good. I started by placing a spotlight at the top of the sky dome facing down toward the scene. This lit up the primary part of the scene enough to where it was equivalent to the look of twilight but left the back ground in darkness. It still looked too dark though. So I added an Omni Light about half a map length above the map itself. This was the extra light it needed and it all looked good.

So after everything looked correct it was time to render this sucker. Saved out at 30 frames per second and 720p HD, as I stated at the beginning of the post, it took 5 hours to animate and 2 hours and 7 mins to fully render the 20 second long animation. Was it worth it? Well . . . Keep reading!



 
223 frames of 600



377 frames of 600

Before I even watched the final render, the literal first thing I did was to Back up everything onto My newly fixed portable hard drive and my USB Key.

Ok so without further staling I give to you the thing you have been waiting for, for the last 4 days . . . Here it is, the final animation.



Until next time, as always . . .

This is James Ball Signing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment