Tuesday 31 March 2015

The Treasure Chest - Part 1



By James Ball

In this 4 part series I will be going through the various stages of the 3D Pipeline in a practical assessment that I'm currently doing for my 3D Graphics Unit. In this first part I will discuss “The Stage”, followed by the Research and Planning.

First thing is first. For this assessment, we were provided with a set stage that our treasure chest had to be animated in; the stage which looks like the following.



The Stage

The initial vibe that I personally get from “The Stage” is that of a cartoon. This may heavily affect my design choices when texturing the model comes down the track.

When It came to the planning you could say that I was being lazy and I guess you would kind of be correct because all my research consisted of was a Google Image search for “Treasure Chest”. The following is essentially what came up.




Google Image Search

Finally when all of this was said and done, I had quite a few interesting treasure thumblails sketched up to begin the modelling faze.



Planning

Stay tuned for part 2 coming at you tomorrow.

Until next time, as always . . .

This is James Ball Signing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment