Monday 18 April 2016

Butterfly Character Model and Vagabond Rigging . . . This Blogpost is also My answer to Life and everything in the Univers :-P

By James Ball

So this week has been draining but worth it to say the least. I am about a week behind scheduled on the 3D side of this assignment and to compensate I have cut out about 5 seconds of footage I will have to animate to save time. But I have managed to make a fully working Biped Rig with custom attribute spinners for the hands and feet, for my Vagabond Character in the space of 3 days. The plan for today is to skin the character and add morph controls for the face. The Tutorial that I followed is really in depth and you can find the beginning of it here.

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/complete-human-character-rig-in-3d-studio-max-part-1--cg-17244

 In any case, enjoy some more progress pictures.

The Initial T Pose.

 Custom Attributes For Both Feet.

 Custom Attributes For Both Hands.

 A Running Pose, all of the joints are working correctly.

Testing Right after adding the Skin Modifier to the Vagabond Mesh . . . Dat Skinning!

This Past Week, I have also Made the second character for this Vagabond story, The Butterfly. I took 2 days to model to Model, Unwrap and Texture this Character. If you would like have an up close look at this character, Then you con go here https://skfb.ly/Nn7G

 Modeling done.

 UV Unwrapped and Texel Density is looking Good.

 Texturing Work Done.

and Just for Shits and Giggles lets look at the Wire frame . . . Mmmm, Topology!

If you read through my ramblings and have gotten to this point then how about sharing this post on social media and leaving a comment down below and discuss your thoughts.
OK. As always this is Ballzy247 signing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment