Monday 30 November 2015

London Court Texturing.

By James Ball.

This week has been full on. I have managed to finish off 15 Diffuse, Normal and Specular texture maps created for my London Court Model.



Since I only have a limited amount of file space for the final model I used the ancient art of Cheating to cut as many corners as possible. I positioned the window uvs maps as follows meaning I only needed to make 1 texture map for all 3 Windows. I done a similar thing for most of the Roofs as well, with having the top ¾ of the texture be tiles and last ¼ be wood texture.

When it came time to do a texture test in sketchfab I was presented with this error message.


Pretty simple fix . . . Save out my textures as targa file . . . It’s never that simple. Went to do File Save as and . . .


No targa option available.

so after about an hour of searching online I found that all I had to do was this.


 I was very pissed at the fact that I wasted an hour of time to find out that the Image has to be in rgb and an 8 bits/Channel but you know what, I freaking worked. so I took a break and it was back to work converting all 45 tiff files into targa files.



The final hurdle I had to sleep on and figure out unwrapping the cone shaped roof with minimal warpage. sfjhbvisdbcliasbvlksb. Breathe in, calm down. I eventually went online to a forum on polycount http://polycount.com/discussion/61005/how-do-you-unwrap-a-cone-for-squar-tile-texture and I found my answers there. So after countless hour I finally had something I was happy with.




Lastly If you want to see the current version of London Court you can view it here.



as always this is Ballzy247 signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment