Thursday 12 February 2015

Why am I Studying Bachelor of Animation from 2015-2016?


I have been interested in Special FX, Animation and behind the scenes in movies ever since I watched the Fox Animation film Titan A.E. with its use of 3D environments and 2D animated characters for the first time in the year 2000. 

3 years ago I finished year 12 and went into Central Institute of Technology to Study for 2 years. The courses I studied in that time were Cert 4 and Diploma of Graphic Design. In the year of 2014 I completed my Cert 4 and Diploma of Interactive Digital Media at Polytechnic West Thornlie. Because of this I was able to get an opportunity to study Bachelor of Animation at SAE Institute in Perth.



One of my roll-models when it comes to animation and art in general is Aaron Blaise. He is the animator who is known for his work on Beast in the film Beauty and the Beast”, Yao in the film Mulan”, for being producer and co-director for the film Brother Bear” and more recently for his 2013 Christmas advert campaign TheBear and the Hare” for John Lewis UK. He also has his own YouTube channel where he has created his own web series call “Aaron's Art Tips” which is currently in its second season.



Last year, I heard through my lecture at Polytechnic West about the future developments that are going to be happening in 16-18 months’ time with VUE Group creative studio based in Bunbury. They struck a $160 million partnership deal with Shanghai Hippo Animation to create a 5 story tall training facility and film studio to co-produce several animated features in the next 3 years and many more to come. The facility will train about 300 students a year, including about half from China, and hire up to 200 professionals to co-produce several Hippo International movies. In 2 years’ time, I want to be in that pool of 200 new employees.


 But first things first . . . I need to complete my Bachelor Animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment